Stone Dust - 70lb Bag
0 left in stock
Stone dust is a byproduct or crushed stone, which is sometimes called crusher run. Stone dust is also known as rock dust or quarry dust, and some products just have the brand name. The stone dust is collected using a screen that keeps the larger pieces of crushed stone above the screen while allowing the rock dust to fall through. This process is the reason why stone dust is often called quarry screenings. Crushed stones are graded by number according to the size of the crushed stone. As stone dust is the smallest form of crushed stone, it has a grading of #10.
All materials have properties that make them suitable for different purposes. Stone dust has many properties that make it a useful byproduct to use for many hardscaping jobs. Understanding the properties of stone dust can help you to decide which jobs it is most suitable. Some of these include:
- Flat and smooth- You can lay stone dust very flat and smooth to create an even and level surface for paving. This means you will not have uneven surfaces in your garden.
- Low cost- In comparison to other options, such as sand, stone dust is usually a cheaper option. For many people, this gives it an advantage over other options as they can save money on their hardscaping project.
- Weed prevention- Using stone dust as filler between paving stones can solve the issue of weeds growing between your paving stones. The properties of this material prevent this from happening, so you will keep your paved area looking neat and tidy for longer.
- Non-porous- This is a non-porous material, and this gives stone dust an advantage for use between paving stones. It will stop water from heavy rain seeping below the paving stones into the base materials. Therefore, it can reduce the risk of shifting and damage to the paving stones.
- Variety- The exact properties of stone dust varies from one type to the next. You can choose from various grades, stone types, and colours.